Friday, January 21, 2011

Happy Birthday Geena Davis!

Jan. 21, 2011
Dear Geena Davis,
I’m sorry, but as I look at your name, I want to say: G-eena, with the G sounding like “G” as in Good, rather than “J” as in Joy. (same thing with Ginnifer Goodwin!)

My daughter worked with you on Commander-in-Chief. (the episode never aired, because the show was sadly cancelled) She said you were “one cool lady.” You guys were filming at Cal State Northridge. You were done filming a scene at one location, then ready to move to another location on campus. You were wearing a beautiful business suit and skirt. After all, you portrayed the President of the United States. You took your heels off, slipped on some comfy slippers, then hopped on your razor scooter and took off to the next location. Off you went, scooting around Cal State Northridge!
I have enjoyed so many of your films. In honor of your birthday, today I will watch Accidental Tourist, Tootsie, Beetlejuice, A League of Their Own, and of course Thelma & Louise! (who was that hunky guy you hooked up with? Oh yeah, that was a young Brad Pitt! Lucky!) I better get started on those movies! After all, there are only a few more hours left in the day!
“Drive, Louise! Drive the car! Go! Go! Go go go go go go!”
Happy 55th Birthday, Virginia Elizabeth Davis!
Regards, Mrs Love

No comments:

Post a Comment