Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Happy Birthday Eddie Van Halen!

Jan. 26, 2011
Dear Eddie Van Halen,
I have been your loyal fan for 3 decades! A friend of mind from Pasadena had an older sister who used to watch you play backyard parties in the mid 70’s. You would draw huge crowds and almost always the police were called. That’s why I bought your first album. I had to know who Van Halen was. And I was hooked! I must have listened to your first album a million times! My favorite: “Eruption” of course. You said that was originally how you would do your warm-ups. It was amazing. I’d never seen or heard anyone play like that before!
I’m glad you were able to get clean and sober, and cograts on your new marriage. So Eddie, why not call the original guys back and go on tour? How about a new album? You shredding, and Dave screaming…how awesome would that be! I know your son Wolfie is now your bass player, but why not bring Michael Anthony back? Please?
Loved your guitar solo on Michael Jackson’s “Beat It.” So happy that more people today get a chance to hear your music as they play along with Van Halen on “Guitar Hero.” Can’t wait to see what you do next! Happy 56th Birthday! And remember no brown M&M’s!
Regards, Mrs Love

No comments:

Post a Comment