Monday, March 21, 2011

Happy Birthday Matthew Broderick!

Mar. 21, 2011
Dear Matthew Broderick
I will be your fan for evermore because you portrayed that righteous dude, Ferris Bueller. I know you’ve been in many other films but this is my absolute favorite. I did find it a bit weird, however, when I found out you were once engaged to your on-screen sister, actress Jennifer Grey and you were real-life golfing buddies with actor Jeffrey Jones (Principal Ed Rooney.)

What did I learn from Ferris Bueller?  That you should take a day off once in a while--you never know, anything could happen. Of course, I’ve never taken Chicago by storm, but I’ve had great times in LA.  I learned that “life moves pretty fast. If you don’t stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.” Of course, I’ve never jumped onto a float and broken out into a Beatles song, but I am prepared, should the opportunity present itself! I also first heard the term: Voodoo economics from Ferris’ economics teacher. I don’t what it means, but I must admit, it sounded rather boring. And lastly, I learned that if you’re going to take a day off, you might as well do it in a red Ferrari!

Thank you for that film, Matthew. Or do your friends call you Matt? If I saw you on the streets of New York strolling with your wife Sarah Jessica Parker and your 3 kids, would you mind if I called you “Ferris?”  May I call you wife “Carrie?”

Happy 49th Birthday! Ferris Bueller, you’re my hero…and so are you, Matt!
Regards, Mrs Love

No comments:

Post a Comment