Saturday, March 19, 2011

Happy Birthday Glenn Close!

Mar. 19, 2011
Dear Glenn Close
First of all, I must tell you that when I looked up info about you, I thought I would discover your real name was something other Glenn. But no--it’s really Glenn!  Bravo to your parents for naming you a unique name that sets you apart from other actresses in Hollywood!

You are a wonderful actress I love to watch. You are one of those people who is doing exactly what they should be doing…acting. Now Glenn, even though I’m writing you this letter because I try to wish a “celebrity” Happy Birthday every day, I don’t consider YOU a celebrity. You are most definitely an ACTRESS. You said once:  “Celebrity is death - celebrity - that's the worst thing that can happen to an actor.”
 
Yet there is something that bothers me, Glenn. You’ve never won an Oscar! I wonder if that feels like ‘always a bridesmaid, but never a bride.’ Believe me--if there was anything I could do about this obvious injustice, I would do it! You have been nominated 5 times for the coveted Oscar. You’ve won numerous Emmy’s, Golden Globes, Peoples Choice Awards, SAG awards, and even won 3 Tony’s. For goodness sakes, you have a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame!
I loved you in “The Natural,” (lucky you! Robert Redford = gorgeous!), “Fatal Attraction” (you scared the crap out of me!) “Dangerous Liaisons,” (loved the costumes) “101 Dalmatians,” (loved all the black & white) and “Sarah, Plain and Tall” (lucky you! Christopher Walken…love him!)  Plus, I’m SO looking forward to seeing you portray Susan Boyle in an upcoming biopic.

Anything you do is a pleasure to watch, Glenn. You’ve said: “I'm an actor, that's my contribution”…and what a wonderful contribution it is!
Happy 61st Birthday,
Regards, Mrs Love

No comments:

Post a Comment