Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Happy Birthday Lady Gaga!

Mar. 28, 2011
Dear Stefani,
Yes, I called you Stefani. Why? Because I don't really know you well. As you've said: "Lady Gaga is my name. If you know me, and you call me Stefani, you don't really know me at all." It's true.

Well an historical day has finally arrived for me, Stefani. You see, I remember when my mother would let us turn on the radio as we were driving in our family station wagon and pop music would come on. (well pop music of the 70's!) My mother had no clue who the latest bands and artists were; nor did she really care. She would then flip the station to her oldies music and immediately there would be weaping and waling heard from the back seat. "Ohhhhh Mom! We want to listen to OUR music!"

Well "OUR music" is now the oldies music and YOUR music is now the pop music--of which I know very little! I've turned into my mother!

Stefani, I don't know one of your songs--not one! I read that you've had a massive impact on popular music and culture. Well, I suppose it has passed me by.

I'll just go back to my oldies/classic rock radio station and sing along with The Who, The Rolling Stones, and Led Zeppelin.

Frankly, Stefani, if you must know the truth, you kind of scare me. After all you've said: "They can't scare me, if I scare them first."

You've also said: "Live your eyeliner, breathe your lipstick, and kill for each other." Now Stefani, is this a metaphor or do you mean this literally? Or are they lyrics to one of your songs? I don't get it. (now I REALLY sound like my mother!)

Ok, perhaps in honor of your 25th birthday today, I'll listen to one of your tunes.

However, you've also said:
"I don't want the 5 dollars in your pocket, I want your soul."
Okay, you're still scarying me!

Have a Happy 25th Birthday, Lady Gaga!
Regards, Mrs Love

No comments:

Post a Comment