Saturday, February 12, 2011

Happy Birthday Ginger! (Tina Louise)

Feb. 11, 2011
Dear Ginger…I mean Tina Louise,
I’m sorry I can’t think of you any other way. You see, I grew up watching Gilligan’s Island. It was fun watching you and the six other castaways attempt to get of the deserted island after your “3 hour tour.” Some questions I’ve always wanted to ask you:

You had so many clothes for just a 3 hour tour…evening gowns and high heels?
If the Professor was so smart, why couldn’t he ever figure out how to make a transmitter out of that radio? How did those batteries last 3 years? And how is it that the radio announcer always gave the exact news you castaways needed to hear at the exact moment you turned on the radio? Amazing!
Didn’t the Skipper know there was a tropical storm coming? However if he had had Weather.com you wouldn’t have had a sitcom, right?
Oh, I could go on and on.

And my last question…“Ginger or Mary Ann?” Well, I think it should not be one or the other. It should be a little of both. Of course, Mary Ann was a hard worker, warm and caring, and could make 65 different meals out of coconuts and bananas. While you, on the other hand, loved Hollywood, wearing fancy clothes and turning heads wherever you went. Why can’t a woman be a little of both.

I was sad to read that you have tried to distance yourself from Gilligan’s Island. I’m sorry Ginger…I mean Tina, that probably isn’t possible. You see, you were on a show that is a cult classic. I will always think of you as Ginger, but that’s not such a bad thing, is it? And did you guys ever get off that island?
Happy 77th Birthday!
Regards, Mrs Love

No comments:

Post a Comment