Monday, February 21, 2011

Happy Birthday Alan Rickman!

Feb. 21, 2011
Dear Alan Rickman,
Whenever I go to a movie and find out you’re in it I say: Ok, this is going to be good. Alan, you always make any movie infinitely better.
The first time I saw you was in “Die Hard,” where you played the German villain Hans Gruber.
And then I saw you in “Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves” opposite Kevin Costner, as Sheriff of Nottingham.
“Locksley! I’m going cut your heart out with a spoon!”
“Why with a spoon, cousin? Why not with a sword or an axe or something?”
“Because it’s dull you twit, it’ll hurt more!”
(Perhaps you could’ve taught Kevin Costner to speak in a British accent. An American Robin Hood?)
Then I saw you in the Harry Potter movies as Serverus Snape, dark and mysterious, with an incredibly droll, dry wit.
In so many of your movies you have a kind of charisma that enables you to portray rather creepy, dark characters. However you have your gentle side too, like in “Love Actually, “Sense & Sensibility”, or even “Galaxy Quest.” (…Never give up, never surrender!)
I truly believe you are one of those individuals who is doing exactly what he was meant to do: be an actor. 
Happy 65th Birthday!
Regards, Mrs Love

No comments:

Post a Comment