Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Happy Birthday Joel Grey!

Apr. 11, 2011
Dear Joel David Katz,
So your daughter, Dancing With The Stars, season 11 winner, Jennifer Grey is really “Jennifer Katz”?  And I thought her name was “Baby!”

You said: “I think there's nothing like live theater. Everyone wants to be part of it. So why not try it.”  I must tell you. Not EVERYONE wants to be part of it. I would rather watch others up there on stage. I do much better as an audience member. I’m a great aplaude-er!

You won a Tony and an Oscar for the same role--your role as the Master of Ceremonies in “Cabaret.” You are an award winning actor of stage and film, and then you unexpectedly show up in TV shows like “House” and “Grey’s Anatomy.” I think that’s what I love about you—a gifted and brilliant actor.

You are also a talented photographer and have published books which showcase your work. Tomorrow a new exhibit opens at the Museum of the City of New York, called: Joel Grey/A New York Life. It will present your photographs and other memorabilia of your life. Oh, how I wish I could be there to see it!

Happy 79th Birthday to the original Master of Ceremonies Joel Grey! “Life is a Cabaret ‘ol chum!”
Regards, Mrs Love

No comments:

Post a Comment