Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Happy Birthday Claire Danes!

Apr. 12, 2011
Dear Claire Danes,
You are one of my favorite actresses. Why? Because you were in one of my favorite films…no, 2…actually it’s 3…ok, so now the truth is, it’s 5!
 
I loved you in “The Family Stone,” especially the final scene when Dermot Mulroney runs after you. Plus, your hair was so beautiful. It looked freshly brushed all the time!

I loved “Shop Girl” from start to finish. I had read Steve Martin’s novella many times. You know how you read a story and you have a visual of the protagonists? Well, when I heard you were cast for the film “Shop Girl,” I said there couldn’t have been a better shop girl! You were exactly like the girl I had in my mind’s eye as I read the book!

I also loved “To Gillian, on her 37th Birthday.” You were so cute portraying Michelle Pfeifer’s daughter. I loved the scene where you ride your bikes together in the middle of the night. Plus, you got to go out on a date with Freddie Prinze Jr!  Ooooh lala!

Now Claire, I mustn’t forget to mention “How to Make an American Quilt?” I realize you were not the principal actor in that film, (it was Winona Ryder) but you did a superb job as young Glady Jo Cleary. You were the younger version of Anne Bancroft’s character. Of course I am a quilter, so you would expect that’s the only reason I love that movie. But no! I loved it because it was beautifully written, as well as beautifully filmed. Oh, how I loved the windstorm scene! The windstorm affects, in some way, all the characters. Furthermore, the film score is one of the best ever! Thank you, Claire, for being involved in such a wonderful movie!

And last, but not least, “Little Women.” Oh my goodness, Claire, just thinking about the scene with you portraying Beth, as she passes away, is making me get all teary-eyed right now! You were just at the beginning of your acting career, but it was evident that you were a talented young lady! Now let me tell you why I loved your character Beth so much. You see, I come from a family of 4 girls. One of us went on ahead to heaven, just like the character Beth. Your lines reminded me so much of my dear sister, Vanette: “Now I am the one going ahead. I am not afraid. I can be brave like you…I know I shall be homesick for you even in Heaven.” Oh Claire, you did such a superb job! Thank you so much!

You are one of those actresses that I know will be around a very long time. And I will continue to watch your films for a very long time. I hope you enjoyed this day with your new British husband!
Happy 32nd Birthday!
Regards, Mrs Love

No comments:

Post a Comment