Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Happy Birthday Ricky Gervais!

‎6/25/11
Dear Ricky Dene Gervais,

No, I didn’t misspell your middle name. You’ve said that your father was drunk when filling out the birth certificate, giving you a uniquely spelled middle name. I want to write LOL here in this letter but I don’t know if that’s a funny story or the truth.

Ricky, you are truly a comedic genius. I loved you on the BBC’s “The Office,” HBO’s “Extras,” “Ghost Town,” and your show, “An Idiot Abroad.” I’m also looking forward to your new HBO sitcom “Life’s Too Short.” I heard that Sting will be making a cameo appearance on it! Excellent choice, Ricky!

You are on of the funniest people I know. Ok, so maybe I don't actually know you, but I wish I did. One blogger said she didn’t want to ever meet you because you're her hero. She said, “I think in some ways, it’s good to keep your heroes on pedestals; just to have something to aspire to.” Well, Ricky, I promise to keep you on a pedestal AND be a great friend! After all, I’ve learned so much from you! Watching your shows and movies, these are some words or terms I’ve picked up:

Blokes, Tele, Bloody, Bleeding, Bugger, Knickers, Quid, Dodgey, Cheeky, Cheers, and my favorite phrase—“Is he havin’ a laugh?”

Speaking of your laugh, Ricky, I love it! It’s so infectious. I think what it shows is that you have a real passion for life and that is the thing I love best about you.

Happy 50th Birthday! I hope that last Sat as you celebrated with family and friends, you DID have a laugh! And lots of them!
Regards, Mrs Love

No comments:

Post a Comment