Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Happy 91st Birthday Doris Day!

Dear Doris,
Today you're 91. What have I learned from you? That everyone looks better with a blurry filter. Once you got a few lines on your face, you had a contract that all your closeups had to be filmed with the blurry filter...sometimes called the "Doris Day filter." It's especially noticeable in some of your most popular films when Rock Hudson is still in sharp focus, but you're all fuzzy and glowing.

Now I'm not saying that's a bad thing. I'm grateful for today's Photoshop and Instagram. Truth be known, I rarely post any pictures of myself online that don't have the "Doris Day filter!" Thanks for the great idea! As far as I'm concerned no "que serĂ¡ serĂ¡" for me...no "whatever will be will be!" Why not make it all fuzzy and glowing, like you did?!
Happy 91st!
Regards, Mrs Love

No comments:

Post a Comment