Monday, April 22, 2013

Happy 63rd Birthday Peter Frampton!

Dear Peter Frampton,
Happy 63rd Birthday! 63rd? Where did the time go?

Whenever I hear your hit "Do You Feel Like We Do?" I get a big smile on my face and I think of my college days. The year was 1979 and it was my first semester away from home living in a dorm. I was a loyal and devoted fan and completely hooked when I bought the album “Frampton Comes Alive.” I listened to it over and over again and even screamed along with your fans...the ones who screamed in the background of that album. My roommate and I had your poster up on our dorm room and we'd kiss it every night...remember we were 18! Let's just say, by the end of the semester there was a ton of lipgloss covering your face. Lol!

Of course, your poster was part of the "wallpaper" in that dorm room...along with posters of Led Zeppelin, Aerosmith, Ted Nugent, Kiss, and The Who.

Yes, Peter, I even raised my kids listening to your music. Next I'll be introducing my grandkids to it!
Your hair is now "chrome" and your curly golden locks are gone, but I'm still your loyal and devoted fan.
Regards, Mrs Love

No comments:

Post a Comment