Saturday, May 14, 2011

Happy Birthday Emilio Estevez

May 12, 2011
Dear Emilio,
When you get together with your family, I wonder if you know how you're related. After all, they have different last names. Your father is Martin Sheen, born: Ramon Estevez. Your mother is Janet Sheen, born : Janet Templeton. Your brother is Charlie Sheen, born: Carlos Irwin Estevez, aka, Mr. Not Winning! And you are Emilio Estevez, born: Emilio Estevez. You're the only one using your actual birth name. Well done! I understand you also like the "Double E's" for your initials. You say they look "pretty." Sorry Emilio, my name is, hands down, prettier that yours!

However...I must say that one of my favorite scenes in the Will Ferrell, Chris Kattan film "Night at the Roxbury," is when the Butabi brothers talk about the time they saw you.
Doug: ...this guy who was on the phone, turns around and tips his hat like this.
Steve: And who do you think that guy was?
Doug: Emilio Estevez.
Steve: The Might Duck man, I swear to God, I was there.
Doug: Of course you were, you were the one who yelled the Breakfast Clubber's name.
Steve: I was like, "Em-i-li-ooohh!

One of your first roles as a young man, Em-i-li-ooohh, was in Apocalypse Now--one of your father's most famous movies. Gee! I wonder if he asked Oliver Stone if you could have a little part in it. Oh well, in Hollywood, it's all about who you know! However, your part was cut. That's too bad. I would've enjoyed seeing you as the "young messenger boy." After all, I waited in line for 2 1/2 hours to see that film in 1979!

Many times your films include your father Martin and your younger brother Charlie. Who would've guess you'd now be considered the "sane Sheen!"
I knew you as one of the original Brat-Packers of the 80's, although there are many films you've been in that have been my favorites: The Outsiders, St. Elmo's Fire, The Breakfast Club, The Mighty Ducks (just the first one. Sorry, I didn't really care for #2 or #3.) and Young Guns.

Now Emilio, I understand you've been engaged a number of times--once even to Demi Moore. The only time you were married was for two years to Paula Abdul. Oh, my poor friend. May I call you my friend? Well, I'm going to anyway. She's nuttier than your brother! You said once that you considered Paula too emotionally unstable for children. No big surprise there! (Note: I know lots of single ladies just your age. Let me know if I can put you in touch with them. Just give me a call or email anytime!)

Today I read that Ashton Kutcher, your ex-fiance's husband, is going to replace your brother in Two and A Half Men! What? I object! I thought the role should've gone to you, Em-i-li-ooohh!

Best of luck with your writing and directing career. I think you're a swell guy and deserve all the best. Hey, and while you're at it, see if you can help your brother Carlos Irwin (Charlie). Perhaps the first thing he should do is change his name to Irwin!

Happy 49th Birthday Em-i-li-ooohh!
Regards, Mrs Love

No comments:

Post a Comment