Monday, May 9, 2011

Happy Birthday Audrina Patridge!

May 9, 2011
Dear Audrina,
I'm sure you know the saying, "Don't judge a book by its cover." To me, it means don't judge people merely by their appearances. but what's in the inside--that's what really counts. I know you're a famous celebrity. Heck, you have own reality tv show! How awesome is that?! You model. You act. You're a fashion icon. You're gorgeous. The paparazzi chases you all over! Just about every day, in fact, there's something about you on the internet. Who you dated--or didn't date--what you said--or did--or wore--where you went, etc.

But I knew you before all that...

When your family first moved to Yorba Linda, CA, you lived around the corner from me. First my kids met you and your brother and sister and then later I met your mom. We learned that you and my girls would be going to the same middle school and your brother and my son would be going to the same grade school. So your mom and I decided to carpool. I took the morning shift and she took the afternoon shift.

In those days I drove a big green Ford van. Each morning I pulled into your driveway and honked the horn. You usually came out first. Next came your brother and sister. You would always sit up in front with me, while the other kids would all pile in the back. They would laugh and goof around, while you and I would talk on the way to school. You were so sweet and soft-spoken and beautiful...even then. I can still see you, with your blonde hair and braces. You would ALWAYS thank me for the ride...Thank you Mrs Love!

Toward the end of the school year, I had to have some surgery and I remember your mother then had to take both carpool shifts. She probably doesn't even remember, but I do. I don't think I thanked her enough for doing that for me.

Then, after a number of years, your family moved a few blocks away to a new house. Occassionally I would see you guys around town. I remember one of the last times we spoke was at a waterpolo booster club meeting. You were a freshman in high school, just beginning to train for waterpolo with my oldest daughter. I remember sitting with you and your mom at the meeting. By then, you didn't have braces anymore and I remember thinking, "Wow! She's certainly turning into a beautiful young woman!" However, the one thing I could tell that didn't change, was your sweetness!

Then fast-foward a few years and I'm at a magazine stand at the drug store and the latest edition of Rolling Stone magazine is there. I pick it up and look at the cover and who do I see? You with your co-stars from The Hills! I just smiled. My goodness! She DID grow up to be a very beautiful young woman! Wow!

Now, Audrina, you are a well-known celebrity and people probably look at you and think of you as arrogant and conceited. Sometimes that's what fame and noteriety does to a person. But we've been able to reconnect in the last year or so and I can tell you ARE that same sweet girl I used to know so many years ago. I know you are kind, softhearted, and generous. I know that your family is important to you. I know that even though you find it difficult at times, to juggle everything in your life, you try to make time for your friends and family.

My hope is that through your new show, others will discover this about you too. Hopefully they will learn what I've already known about you for many years! Remember you really CAN'T judge a book by it's cover. People need to judge you more for what's on the inside--because that's what really counts!

And don't forget, I'd STILL be happy to give you a ride anytime you need one! haha
Happy 26th Birthday beautiful Audrina!
Regards, Mrs Love

No comments:

Post a Comment