Thursday, July 21, 2011

Happy "Belated" Birthday Princess Diana!


‎7/1/11
Dear Princess Diana,
I think you were an absolutely remarkable person. You were a lovely girl brought up in a very privileged and sheltered background. Then, as Lady Diana, your life became that of a fairytale princess. The day you married your prince and became “Princess Diana,” I was in a Missionary Training Center, studying Spanish and preparing to serve a mission in Spain. I was not able to watch television and therefore, I was not able to see you walk down the aisle at watch the royal wedding along with millions of viewers all over the world. I remember feeling a bit left out. However, my sister Vanette watched every second of it and even woke up early with her college roommates to watch it live. They held a wedding reception in your honor in their apartment and invited all their friends. My sister loved you! She even cut her hair like you and dressed in the same style of clothes that you did.

You found joy involving yourself in numerous charities and used your fame for good. Royals typically involve themselves in charity work; however, with you the media followed your every move and recorded every moment of your work. You seemed very kind and genuinely caring for children, the elderly, and the sick. You said: “I want to walk into a room, be it a hospital for the dying or a hospital for sick children, and feel that I am needed. I want to do, not just to be.”

My heart ached for you as your marriage to Prince Charles fell apart. Like most of us, you had a number of human frailties which made you the “people’s princess.” Even though you were royalty, we felt we could relate to you in some way. It was apparent that your joy was with your sons. They’ve grown up to be wonderful young men as a result of the foundation you gave them. You’ve said: “Family is the most important thing in the world.” I read once that when your boys were young you would climb in a big bed and cuddle with them and have fun with a huge bowl of popcorn and watch movies…just as any mother would do! I’m sure to this day those are cherished memories of your sons.

When I learned you had been tragically killed in a car accident, I was shocked. I remember being so stunned I couldn’t speak. I was very upset along with the millions in the world who admired you. I cried for your children. Your boys were so young! Then I thought of my sister, Vanette, who I told you about earlier in this letter. She admired you and perhaps was one of the first to greet you in heaven. She had gone to heaven ahead of you by just a few years. I’m sure she looked up to you even in the life hereafter.

Diana, there has never been a woman like you since. You will not be forgotten and I’m sure your sons will make sure of that! How wonderful that William gave his bride, Katherine your beautiful blue sapphire ring! I’m sure on their wedding day, you were there in spirit.

You’ve said: “Carry out a random act of kindness; with no expectation of reward, safe in the knowledge that one day, someone might do the same for you.” Although we never met, I know I have this same belief along with you. It is an excellent principle to live by! On July 1st, you would have celebrated your 50th birthday and I know you would've spent it with your family. :)
Regards, Mrs Love


No comments:

Post a Comment