Sunday, October 2, 2011

Happy Birthday Gordon "Sting" Sumner!


Dear Gordon,
I first heard you in 1981. I was in a grocery store in Jaèn, Spain. "Every Little Thing" came on over the store's sound system.  I asked someone: Who is this? What song is this?  
I was told it was The Police and I've been your devoted fan ever since.  I knew the first time I heard that song would be forever etched in my mind.
I have a beautiful sketched portrait of you hanging in my sewing room. One of my daughter's gave it to me for Christmas. One day a woman came to see me about some sewing and she noticed the portrait hanging on the wall. She pointed and asked,  "Is that your husband?" I laughed and answered, "Ha! I wish!"
Thank you, Mr. Gordon Sumner, aka  "Sting", for who you are and for sharing your talent with the world. You will never be forgotten! {{and there will always be much rejoicing!}}
Happy 60th Birthday!
Regards, Mrs Love

No comments:

Post a Comment